Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Durban Diwali Art Competition Winner

Seema Lalbahadur, second year student at CFAD, recently participated in the Durban Diwali Art Competition advertised in the Post Newspaper.

Seema writes: “The Competition was hosted by the Hindu Maha Sabha and the categories were open to Grades 3 up to grade 12 and an Adult category. The theme was compassion, I decided to do a painting for the competition and I painted it as simple as possible. I painted an old man accompanied by a nurse, on the left are two children offering the man a parcel. On the far left outside the Yard a lady offers a street person a Hamper in celebration of Diwali. To my surprise I came out first for the competition. I was awarded a Trophy and a cash prize of R500 in the Adult category at the Durban Diwali festival held at the Bay of Plenty.”

Seema is an award winning student at the Centre for Fine Art Animation and Design. This year she was also placed third in the uShaka Body Painting Competition.

No comments: